rank: I think we have had a very pleasant conversation, haven't we?
主弗蘭克:我覺得我們的談話很愉快,不是嗎?
Jack: Yes, I think so too.
傑克:是的,我也這樣認為。
Frank: Do you have any other questions?
弗蘭克:你還有其他問題嗎。
Jack: Let me think...I want to know if the company can provide free accommodation for a newemployee.
傑克:讓我想想……我想知道公司是否能為新員工提供免費住宿。
Frank: I'm sorry we can't now.
弗蘭克:很抱歉現在還不能。
Jack: I really hope that your company could provide living places; otherwise I have to rent a houseto live.
傑克:我真的'希望公司能提供住宿,要不然我自己就必須租房子住了。
Frank: Maybe the company will build dormitory for the employees in the future.
弗蘭克:公司在以後可能會建造職工宿舍。
Jack: That would work too.
傑克:這樣也行。
Frank: Anything else?
弗蘭克:除此之外呢?
Jack: Some companies will pay part of the phone bills for the employees. Will this company do so?
傑克:有些公司會給員工支付部分電話費,我們有這方面的待遇嗎?
Frank: I'm sorry we won't do so for a new employee. We only provide this benefit to employeeswho have made significant contributions to the company.
弗蘭克:很抱歉,新員工沒有這方面的待遇。我們只給為公司作出巨大貢獻的員工提供此項待遇。
Jack: I understand. Will the company provide training?
傑克:我能理解。公司會提供培訓嗎?
Frank: Yes, we will, and the staff will have a chance to travel every year.
弗蘭克:是的,我們會提供的,員工每年還會有一次旅遊的機會。
Jack: That's great. Thank you very much.
傑克:太好了!非常感謝。
核心英語詞彙總
shelter ['ʃeltə] n. 庇護所,避難所,庇護 v. 庇護,保護,隱匿
dormitory ['dɔ:mitri] n. (集體)宿舍
lodge [lɔdʒ] n. 小屋,門房,支部 v. 臨時住宿,安頓
workaholic [.wə:kə'hɔlik] n. 工作第一的人,專心工作的人
treatment ['tri:tmənt] n. 治療
reimburse [:im'bə:s] v. 償還
further study 繼續深造
release pay 遣散費
severance pay 解僱費
work permit 工作證
working condition 工作環境
office hour 辦公時間
company time 工作時間
day off 休息日
pay scale 工資標準
unemployment compensation 失業賠償金