託福聽力經典詞句解析

才智咖 人氣:1.99W

引導語:下面小編就為大家帶來託福聽力經典詞句解析,希望能夠幫助到您。

託福聽力經典詞句解析

1. be in another world 精神恍惚;魂不守舍

—— Pete’s really out of it these days。(Pete 這幾天有點心不在焉。)

—— Yeah, I know. Ever since he met Ann, he’s been in anotherworld。(我同意。自從他遇見Ann, 他就魂不守舍了。)

2. make yourself at home 隨意,隨便

—— Do you mind if I take off my jacket?(你介意我脫下夾克嗎?)

—— Of course not, make yourself at home。(當然不介意,隨意一點!)

  a rain check 改天吧

—— Can you come over for dinner tonight?(今天晚上來吃飯好嗎?)

—— I’m up to my ears in work, so I’ll have to take a raincheck。(我工作很忙,改天吧。)

 4. lost count 弄不清楚

—— Ever since your girlfriend moved to Bridgeport, you are alwaysdriving there. How many trips a week do you makeanyway?(自從你的女友搬到Bridgeport,你老是開車去看她。一週去幾次啊?)

——I have lost count, but I can do it with my eyesclosed。(搞不清楚了,但我閉著眼也能摸過去。)

 5. save your breath 省口氣吧;別白費口舌了

—— Hey? John! John!(嘿,John! John!)

—— Save your breath. He"s out of earshot。(省口氣吧。他已經聽不到了。)

 6. make sense 有意義,理解

—— The plot of that movie is hard to follow。(那部電影的情節很難跟得上。)

—— It makes more sense the second time。(再看一遍就理解了。)

 7. cost sb. an arm and a leg 非常昂貴

——Did you see the diamond ring Bill gave toLinda?(你看到Bill送給Linda的鑽戒了嗎?)

——I sure did. It must have cost him an arm and aleg。(當然了。那一定很昂貴。)

  a hole in one’s pocket 很快地被花光

——Have you saved enough to buy that new printer for your computeryet?(你攢足錢給你的`電腦買一臺新印表機了嗎?)

——You know money seems to be burning a hole in my pocket lately e next month. (這幾個月我花錢如流水。也許下個月吧。)

  one’s shoes 很好地頂替;令人滿意地替代

——Have you heard that Professor Jones is retiring?(你聽說Jones教授退休了嗎?)

——Yes. The faculty won’t find anyone to fill her shoes。(是的。學校將很難找到合適的人來代替她。)

ice cold 表示理所當然

——Does Prof. Ford always come to class?(Ford教授總是來上課嗎?)

——Is ice cold?(當然了。)