走遍美國教學視訊文字32:A Place of Our Own ACTII

才智咖 人氣:4.14K
走遍美國教學視訊文字32:A Place of Our Own ACTII

ACT II
  I remember your parents’ first house very well. 我還清楚記得你父母的第一棟房子
  It was on Spring Avenue, near the park. 那房子是在Spring Avenue 公園附近。
  I grew up in that house. 我就在那棟房子里長大的。
  Yes, and you were such a cute baby. 對,你當時是個很逗人喜愛的嬰兒。
  I’ve seen pictures of him. 我見過他的照片。
  He had blond hair. 他原來是金色頭髮。
  I’ve been friendly with the Stewart family 我和Stewart家處得很好
  for a long time, 很久了,
  so it’s my pleasure 所以現在我很樂意
  to help you find a house now. 幫助你們找房子。
  Well, we’re not sure we can afford one. 嗯,我們還不知道我們是不是負擔得起。
  But we’d like to find out 但我們想知道
  about the possibilities. 有多大的可能性。
  That’s a good idea. 這是個好主意。
  I love your house on Linden Street. 我喜歡你們家在Linden街的房子。
  I sold your father that house seventeen years ago. 十七年前是我把那棟房子賣給你父親的。
  Really? 真的?
  Yes, Mom was pregnant with Robbie then, 是的,那時媽媽懷著Robbie,
  and they needed the extra room. 他們需要多一些空間.
  I hear you’re expecting a baby, Mrs. Stewart. 我聽說你們快有小孩了,Stewart太太.
  Mmm-hmm. 嗯。
  So we will be needing more room. 所以我們也將需要更大的空間.
  Oh, so you don’t need something immediately? 呵,所以你們不是急著馬上就要買房子。
  No. But in five or six months ... 不急。但是在五六個月後……
  And time passes so quickly. 可是時間過得很快。
  Yes, it does. 是的,確實如此。
  Well, when you called, 嗯,你們打電話來,
  you gave me enough information 已經給了我充分的的資料
  about your salaries and your savings. 關於薪資和儲蓄。
  So I have a good idea about your financial situation. 所以我對你們的的財務狀況很瞭解。
  Let me show you some pictures of houses. 我來給你們看看一些房子的照片。
  With two bedrooms? 有兩間臥室嗎?
  Yes, I think I can show you some. 是的,我想我有一些房子給你們看。
  Of course, they won’t be in Riverdale. 當然這些房子不在Riverdale。
  The cost of housing’s too high for you here. 這兒的房子對你們來說太貴了
  I haven’t thought about living anywhere else. 我還沒有考慮要住到別的地方去。
  We’ve always lived in this area. 我們一直住在這個地區。
  Where should we look for a house, Mrs. Martinelli? 我們應該到什麼地方找房子,Martinelli太太?
  Well, we have an office in Mount Kisco. 好,我們在Mount Kisco有個辦事處。
  It’s a lovely area, 那是個可愛的地方,
  and it’s only about an hour’s drive from here. 而且從此地到那兒只有大約一小時的.車程。