走遍美國教學視訊文字22:You’re Going to Be Fine ACT I

才智咖 人氣:2.21W

走遍美國教學視訊文字22:You’re Going to Be Fine ACT I

ACT I
  Molly, I need your special talent for handling special matters. Molly,我需要你處理特殊情況的特殊才能。
  Like what special matters? 什麼樣的特殊情況?
  Well, I have a scheduling problem. 嗯,我在安排工作方面遇到困難。
  Yes? 是嗎?
  I have three tonsillectomies set for Friday with Dr. Earl. 我安排好要和Earl大夫在星期五進行三個扁桃腺切除手術。
  Yes? 是嗎?
  I need to fit a fourth operation into his schedule. 我得在他的工作日程上再加第四個手術。
  And ... I know you can do it. 這……我知道你能做到。
  Who's the patient? 病人是誰?
  Carl Herrera. Carl Herrera。
  The boy has infected tonsils, 這孩子的扁桃腺受到感染了,
  and we should remove them as soon as possible. 我們要儘快把它切除。
  Well, I'll try to arrange the schedule, Dr. Stewart. 好吧,我盡力去安排,Stewart大夫。
  But it's not going to be easy. 不過,這事可不容易。
  I know you'll be able to take care of it. 我知道你能夠處理好這件事。
  Well, Mrs. Herrera, 你好,Herrera太太,
  Carl will be perfectly fine after we remove his tonsils. 切除扁桃腺之後,Carl會完全恢復健康的。
  Thank you for your reassurance, Dr. Stewart. 謝謝你消除了我的顧慮,Stewart大夫。
  He's had so many colds and sore throats recently. 他最近常常感冒,並且喉嚨痛。
  Well, it's a very easy operation, Carl. 這是個很簡單的手術,Carl。
  You won't feel a thing. 你一點感覺也沒有。
  But when do they do it? 但是什麼時候動手術?
  This Friday. 這個星期五。
  But Saturday's my birthday. 但星期六是我的生日。
  Well, we could reschedule the operation, Mrs. Herrera, 這樣吧,我們可以重新安排手術時間,Herrera太太。
  but I don't want to put it off too long. 但我希望不要拖得太久。
  No, I think it's important to do it now. 不,我覺得還是應該現在動手術。
  We can have a birthday party for you, Carl, 我們可以給你舉行生日派對,Carl,
  When you come out of the hospital. 在你病好出院後。
  But it won't be on my birthday. 但是那就不是在我生日那天了。
  But your health is more important, Carl. Believe me. 可是你的身體更重要,Carl。相信我的話。
  I don't want my tonsils out. 我不想把扁桃腺割掉。?
  Nurse Baker, would you come in, please? Baker護士,請你來一下,好嗎?
  Hello, Mrs. Herrera. Hi, Carl, how you doing? 你好,Herrera太太。嗨,Carl,你怎麼樣啦?
  I don't want my tonsils out. 我不想切除扁桃腺。
  Come with me, Carl. 跟我來,Carl。
  You and I will talk this over. 我倆商量商量。
  She has a special way with kids. 她對孩子很有一套。
  She sure does. 她的確如此。
  Carl, does your throat hurt? Carl,你喉嚨痛嗎?
  Yes. 是的。
  OK. Do you want to get better? 好,你想把病治好嗎?
  Yes. 是的。
  OK. We want you to get better, too. 我們也希望你能儘快康復。
  You'll have your tonsils out tomorrow, 明天,你的'扁桃腺切除後,
  and you won't get so many colds anymore. 你就不會老患感冒了。
  But if I have my tonsils out tomorrow, 但是,我如果明天切除扁桃腺,
  I'll miss my birthday party on Saturday. 就會錯過星期六的生日派對。
  I know. 我知道。
  It's a problem, isn't it? 這確實是個問題,不是嗎?
  Let me try to work something out. 讓我想個辦法解決。
  What? 什麼辦法?
  I have to think about it. 我得想一想。
  You're fooling me. 你想騙我。
  Oh, I'm not, Carl. 噢,我不騙你,Carl。
  Give me a chance to think about it, 給我一個機會想想,
  and I'll come up with something. 我會想出一個辦法的。
  A surprise? 一個驚喜?
  Maybe. 也許是。
  But you just put on your pajamas and robe, 你先把你的睡衣褲和長袍穿上,
  and I'll think of a surprise. 我來想出一個絕好的主意。
  Will it hurt? 會痛嗎?